Saturday, October 10, 2009

A little bit of domestication thrown in for fun

So I was a little inspired this week. I don't know why. I should check my temperature and make sure I don't have a fever. Because not only did I bake, but I baked from scratch. AND! I made enchiladas for dinner twice. From scratch. Go me!

But this is such a good, tasty recipe that is especially appropriate for this time of year. It all started with two mini muffin pans I found at a garage sale. I was going to use them for paint wells, but decided to try and use them for their intended purpose.

I saw a recipe online (complete with video with a crazy old lady) for mini pecan tarts. Here is the result.



And if you want to make them yourself (and I know you do!), here's the recipe. If I can do it, anyone can do it (this coming from the girl who caught her stove top on fire. Once.).

Shells:
*3 oz. cream cheese (I used fat free so there'd be less guilt as I shovel these into my mouth)
*1/3 cup butter
*1 cup flour

Mix and put in fridge for an hour. Make little balls and spread out to fit mini muffin tins.

Filling:
*1 egg
*dash of salt
*3/4 cup brown sugar
*1 tbsp soft butter
*1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup chopped pecans

Mix and fill shells (about a spoonful of filling each). Add a whole pecan to the top of each one for cuteness.

Bake at 325* for 20-25 minutes.

Makes 24 tarts.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Yummy!
That's so funny you were going to use them for paint wells. I would've done the same thing:)

Amy @ Keep'n The SunnySide said...

Wow.. those look good!

Kelli said...

I have a modified recipe I use to make something similar, but I pop a few (2-3 each) chocolate chips in the bottom for a little surprise! Yum! I love teny-tiny pies!

Jennifer @ Her Southern Charm said...

Hi!!! Will you do me a favor and email me! I want to chat and see which area of DFW you're from. I'm in the burbs, too!! :)

Shannon said...

Looks like those turned out great! Yum!

Sunny said...

You're so cute! How's the etsy thing going? Think of you often.

Kendra @ Domestic Princess in Training said...

Delish! You go with your domesticated self. I just had a fried pecan tart at the fair. It was soooooo good!!!!

Gwen said...

Yum! I made some like that a few months ago. They didn't last very long, they were so good!

Unknown said...

wow sounds good!

Candy Allen - Junk Sophisticate said...

You better watch it. A change in your blog name may be in order if you keep this up! ;)
Happy day!
Candy -AKA Junk Sophisticate

Anonymous said...

Looks yummy! Thanks for sharing!

Sunny said...

You're so precious. Thank you for your sweet comment today.

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog said...

I picked up a mini muffin pan the other day and a lady in the checkout asked me what it is used for... I said, "everything!" Your tarts look delish :).

AnNicole@Our Suburban Cottage said...

Haha - I would question whether I had a fever or not if I cooked..from scratch...twice in the same week :).

Those look scrumptous.