Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Blog par-tay!

Last Friday evening I met up with about 17 other ladies who are bloggers from the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Nicole even came down from Oklahoma to join us!



{group picture without a couple of girls who had already left}




{me with Kendra}

Typical of Dallas (and of myself), I got stuck in rush hour traffic and arrived 30 minutes late. Which was fine, but unfortunately I came in on the tail end of the introductions. Too bad I didn't have a grand entrance planned! :)



{Elyse, Alicia, Jen, me and Dina}



We met up at the Golightly Antique store and tea room and chatted, ate wonderful food, sipped on some wine and got to know each other in person. Afterward, we shopped! If you are ever in the Fort Worth area, make a point to stop by the tea room and try the banana caramel pie. It is to. die. for.



{Kendra, Alyssa in her cute born to blog shirt and Jennifer}



We're going to plan on doing this at least once a quarter. I'm really excited about this, because at this stage in my life, it's so difficult to meet other ladies. When I was in college, it was no problem. But everyone has moved on in their lives. So this was a great opportunity to get to know some great women!



{Jen, Stacy, Alicia and Nicole}




If you ever get the chance, meet up with some fellow bloggers! Some people think it's a bit wacky to meet people you've only ever spoken to online, but it was great. None of us were pillaged or killed. ;) Thanks to Jennifer and Dina for hosting.

14 comments:

beachvintage.com said...

This is just a fabulous idea and I congratulate you for being part of it.

Gwen said...

How fun! Glad you got to go!

Anonymous said...

how fun!!! im glad you had such a nice time!!!!

i think my blogs are showing up in the readers now.. is it showing up in yours?

brandi

Lucky in Love said...

That is so fun! Glad you had the opportunity to do this!

Christina said...

So cool! I'm 20 minutes from Dallas. lol I'd love to meet up with other bloggers, but it's hard to keep up with who is who. How do y'all do it?

Lamonica said...

Great idea. I like the design of your blog.

Ally's Corner said...

What a great idea. Maybe I will see if any bloggers do that in my area.

Ally

Sunny said...

That is so cool! I'm actually coming to Dallas in October for 2 days to be with my BFF. Never been to Dallas - where is this place near? What are some other kewl places?

Unknown said...

What fun! Looks like you gals had a great time and I think it's always neat to put a person behind all of those wonderful post out there. Glad yall had a good time and wish I were in your area

Unknown said...

how cool looks like so much fun!

Leah said...

What fun!!!

Candy Allen - Junk Sophisticate said...

Way to get the ball rolling ladies! Fab idea!

I know what you mean, Geri Ann(sp?), about meeting new friends at this stage in life. Looks like you had a great group of ladies at the gathering!
Candy - AKA Junk Sophisticate

Amy @ Keep'n The SunnySide said...

Sounds like loads of fun. I would love to meet up with some of my bloggy buddies.

MelB said...

I would love to meet those I have been blogging with. Great idea!