I must show you my latest thrift store goodies!
I love dishes, especially old ones...Fiesta, Pyrex, anything pretty or eye-catching. This may seem strange to you since the kitchen is not my friend. I think maybe in my mind, neat old dishes make me think of a cozy home.
So when I saw these cuties on Shannon's blog, I knew I had to get my greedy little paws on them.
Actually, truth be told, I already had one of these. I can't remember if my mother bought it for me, or if I bought it. I never knew what its intended use was supposed to be. So for years, I had it on one of my antique vanities and used it to hold jewelry. Then when we bought this house, I put it in our bathroom on the countertop and used it to hold jewelry. I could never figure out what the little "depression" was for, but as it turns out, my ring holder fit in it perfectly.
Then quite a while back, after we redid our guest bathroom, I put it in there and used it as a tray to hold bath salts, a diffuser and a candle.
It has this really cool swirly circular pattern.
One day I saw Shannon's blog post about her dishes and a light bulb went off. So that's what this thing is!
I've never noticed them while out browsing the thrift and antique stores. Maybe I just never paid attention because I was always looking for more Fiesta.
Then yesterday I saw these.
I bought every single one they had. The price? $2.99 each. I think that's a pretty good deal. Hubs asked what I'm going to do with all of them. I told him I'd use them for the next time we have a smart dinner party. ha!!
When I was standing in line checking out, I noticed a display shelf that had TWELVE (12) boxes of four sets each of the pattern that has the grapes.
That's 48 sets y'all!! I wonder where the heck all of those came from. They were priced $12.99 each box (set of 4). I didn't buy any because grapes really aren't my thing. But if I change my mind and want a couple, I am sure they will still be there because there are TWELVE boxes! Holy moly!
Today I found another cheese dome lid. It's much deeper than my others.
Perfectly sized for one of my ceramic pumpkins.
I had the pumpkin on a bookshelf, but with the dome, it's a little too much. Maybe I'll put her on the foyer table.
I received an award from Jenni! Wasn't that sweet?
The blog award rules:
1. List 6 things about yourself and
2. Pass this award on to 6 other bloggers (my favorite part of this!)
Six things about myself:
1. I'm a vegetarian. A strict one. That means no, I don't eat chicken. No, I don't eat fish. I don't eat any animals period. (I've always wondered why when I say I'm a vegetarian, people always ask if I eat chicken and fish.)
2. I'm a HUGE animal lover. Huge. I volunteer with animal rescue, bring home strays, have three rescue dogs of my own. I'd have more if I knew Hubs wouldn't divorce me. ;) Hubs says when I'm old I'll be the crazy lady on the block with all of the animals. I'm afraid to admit that I think I'm already that person.
3. I was editor of my high school yearbook. That lead me to study journalism, more specifically advertising.
4. I also minored in criminal justice. I'd *love* to work in forensic science, or be an agent for the ATF or DEA and bust down some doors so I can lock up the bad guys. Advertising seemed like the safer choice.
5. I'm a shorty! I stand only 5 ft. tall.
6. I love the beach. I think the stork dropped me off with the wrong family, because my folks are not beach people. We never went when I was a child. So now I go every chance I get.
So now I give this award to:
In each of their own ways, these ladies have inspired me, made me think more deeply or just have been a pleasure to get to know.
Have a great evening y'all!