Monday, December 30, 2013

Oh Christmas Tree x 6

It's no surprise to anyone that knows me that I love Christmas trees. In years past, I've had up to 11 in the house. Granted, not all are huge full-sized trees, but 11 trees nonetheless. I love having a little bit of Christmas in every room!

This year, I only managed to get 6 up. And here they are...

This is the "dog tree" that I put in the foyer this year. It has precious little dog ornaments that I've collected and been gifted over the years. It's also a sweet reminder of my precious dogs that have since passed.


New this year is my kitchen tree. Well, I've always had a little tiny table-top sized tree in the kitchen, but this year I wanted a big one. The tree itself, along with every ornament (with the exception of two) were bought last year on clearance after the holidays. All of the ornaments are food/candy/drink related. I love it. I think it's my favorite!

 
This is my little vintage ornament tree. All of the ornaments are vintage glass that I've collected from garage sales, antique stores, etc.

 

In our guest bedroom I have the red cardinal tree. Included with the cardinal ornaments are antique glass prisms from chandeliers, and glass icicle ornaments.

 
In our bedroom, I put up a Texas/western tree for my husband. Because he's country to the bone, so this fits him perfectly. I have random Texas/western themed ornaments, and to use as filler, I have pieces of cotton still on the stems that I stuck in the empty spots.

 
And finally, the white dove tree. It's moved around the house over the years...sometimes in the living room, sometimes in the bedroom. This year I put it in the dining room.

 
It was my goal to get this stuff all packed up this last week since I was off work, but since that nasty cold bug had hit our house, I haven't gotten around to it yet. Maybe this weekend. :)

No comments: