Monday, January 12, 2009

The Beast

Hubs and I jokingly call Cissy, our rat terrier, The Beast (she's also known as the "Rat Terriorist"). Because as sweet as she is, she's also a mess.

Case in point.

The dog has a love of destuffing toys. But wait, there's more! Not only does she destuff them, but she particularly enjoys tearing the heads off, starting with the faces. We have toy carcasses all over the house.

You may find a leg and torso.



Or a few faceless heads.



She's also obsessive about lights and shadows, and will chase every one she sees. We made the mistake of getting out the laser light on the level. Sure, it was funny watching her chase the light for the first 5 minutes, but it got old quickly when she stalked the house looking for it the rest of the day.

She hates going out into the grass when it's wet.

If you aren't careful and don't close the door to the closet, she'll sneak in and drag out dirty laundry from the laundry basket, chewing articles of clothing to pieces.

She'll even jump up onto the table to retrieve food when your back is turned.

But how can you resist a face this cute?



You can't. It's just impossible.

So my question is, is it bad that she now responds to "Beast" as if it was her name? We're bad dog parents, I know.

18 comments:

Shell in your Pocket said...

OH my..this a bit funny....she sure doesn't look like a "beast"!
-sandy toe

Shell in your Pocket said...

Oh..I will check out that link:) thanks!

Jessica said...

Awwhh...your "Bast" ooks like my Riley.. : ( He is no longer with me. : (

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Oh, how funny! What a scary beast!! :)
Carrie

Joanna said...

She's an adorable little beast!

Shannon said...

Oh no! But that is a little funny! :)

Gwen said...

ROFL... nah, not bad at all. She's a very pretty beast nevertheless! Those poor, faceless, stuffed animals. :(

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

Oh dear. Ceaser - The Dog Whisperer wouldn't be too happy. :) Carcasses all over...scary. (I'm laughing you know.)

Ally's Corner said...

I think she is proud to be called the beast.

Megan {The Brick Bungalow} said...

My dogs come to "kitty, kitty!" ... well, they actually come to anything to beg for attention. And no, it's not bad. It's a nickname. :) And yes, he's adorable! My dogs did the same thing - always going for the face first - for a long time. Thankfully they can now enjoy toys. Now if only I could get my big guy to stop tearing apart the stuffing in his bed....

Anonymous said...

What a cute little face. Beast?? no not her! I have a cat from you know where, ugh. I have the scratches on my legs to prove it so.... whats up with these cute faces and naughty ways... ugh!

Unknown said...

so so cute! I have a beast of my own they look a lot a like.

Ashley said...

Scary. But funny! Haha!

Our dog just ripped apart his first stuffed toy last night and there was white fluffy filling all over the living room! Great!

Kaitlyn said...

Fun fact: my mother has seven dogs, and they all have toy neuroses. My dog Maggie, for example, will walk around to find any toys with squeakers, and then de-squeak them one by one before she will play with any. Moses does the dirty clothes thing. It's ok to call 'em like you see 'em :)

Liz said...

Oh but she is CUTE! All can be forgiven with a little cuddle, right? :)

~Liz
www.AGiveawayADay.blogspot.com

Sunny said...

You must know my dogs, eh? Duke? No, not familiar? Well, the behavior certainly is! Isn't it funny how these little fur-babies can be so bad and so darn cute at the same time?

Sweet Simplicity said...

I am laughing so hard right now about your last two sentences! That is hilarious!!

Gratitude Gal said...

Stopped by from another site. I am sorry about your job. I read your post about your interview and I know exactly how you feel. As soon as they are over, I start to wonder if I said anything bizarre! Don't lose hope! Your new job will come soon, and remember God is there with you. He recently slowed me down as well to remind me...
Cheryl